Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
CDK7 Antibody #2090
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CDK7 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CDK7 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminus of human CDK7. Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CDK-activating kinase (CAK) is a complex of CDK7 and cyclin H. The complex is involved in cell cycle regulation by phosphorylating an activating residue in the T-loop domain of cdks (1). Regulation of CAK activity is mediated by T-loop phosphorylation and by association with MAT1, both of which enhance its kinase activity toward the CTD of RNA polymerase II (2,3) and other substrates such as p53 (4). CAK is an essential component of the transcription complex TFIIH and may interact directly with TFIIH helicases (5).
- Fisher, R.P. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 713-724.
- Larochelle, S. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 16, 3749-3759.
- Yankulov, K.Y. et al. (1997) EMBO J. 16, 1638-1646.
- Ko, L.J. et al. (1997) Mol. Cell. Biol. 17, 7220-7229.
- Rossignol, M. et al. (1997) EMBO J. 16, 1628-1637.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2916 CDK7 (MO1) Mouse mAb
- 2927 Cyclin H Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.