Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Centrin-2 Antibody #2091
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Centrin-2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total centrin-2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminus of human centrin-2. Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Centrins are small conserved microtubule nucleating proteins localized to centrosomes, also known as microtubule organizing centers (MTOC), in eukaryotic cells. Centrin-1 is associated with cells that have cilia and flagella, whereas centrin-2 and -3 are ubiquitously expressed and important in centrosome duplication during cell division, as well as the structure and function of the MTOC (1-3). Human centrin-2 has also been shown to localize to nuclear pores and to have a role in regulation of mRNA export (4). The yeast ortholog of centrin-2, CDC31, plays a part in control of protein degradation and sensitivity to DNA damage (5).
- Salisbury, J.L. (2007) J Cell Physiol 213, 420-8.
- Salisbury, J.L. et al. (2002) Curr Biol 12, 1287-92.
- Middendorp, S. et al. (2000) J Cell Biol 148, 405-16.
- Resendes, K.K. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 1755-69.
- Chen, L. and Madura, K. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 1829-40.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.