Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
SCF (C19H6) Rabbit mAb #2093
|W IHC-P F||H||Endogenous||18||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SCF (C19H6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of SCF by immunohistochemical staining and by flow cytometry. Western blotting detects recombinant SCF.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids in the N-terminal sequence of human SCF.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using SCF (C19H6) RmAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of U-87 MG cells using SCF (C19H6) Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Stem cell factor (SCF) is a growth factor that is essential for hematopoiesis, melanogenesis and fertility. SCF is also known as mast cell growth factor (MCGF), steel factor (SLF), or kit ligand (KL) (1-3). SCF mediates its biological effects by binding to and activating c-Kit (4). SCF induces dimerization of c-Kit followed by trans-autophosphorylation of the cytoplasmic protein tyrosine kinase domain, leading to subsequent recruitment of signaling proteins, tyrosine phosphorylation of substrates and activation of multiple signaling pathways (5,6). SCF/c-Kit may take part in the growth control of human malignancies (7).
- Smith, M.A. et al. (2001) Blood Rev. 15, 191-197.
- Linnekin, D. (1999) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 31, 1053-1074.
- Huang, E. et al. (1990) Cell 63, 225-233.
- Jiang, X. et al. (2000) EMBO J. 19, 3192-3203.
- Ashman, L.K. (1999) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 31, 1037-1051.
- Ueda, S. et al. (2002) Blood 99, 3342-3349.
- Attoub, S. et al. (2002) Cancer Res. 62, 4879-4883.
- Katayama, R. et al. (2012) Sci Transl Med , . Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.