Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
SCF (C19H6) Rabbit mAb #2093
|2093S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2093||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
SCF (C19H6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of SCF by immunohistochemical staining and by flow cytometry. Western blotting detects recombinant SCF.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids in the N-terminal sequence of human SCF.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using SCF (C19H6) RmAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of U-87 MG cells using SCF (C19H6) Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Stem cell factor (SCF) is a growth factor that is essential for hematopoiesis, melanogenesis and fertility. SCF is also known as mast cell growth factor (MCGF), steel factor (SLF), or kit ligand (KL) (1-3). SCF mediates its biological effects by binding to and activating c-Kit (4). SCF induces dimerization of c-Kit followed by trans-autophosphorylation of the cytoplasmic protein tyrosine kinase domain, leading to subsequent recruitment of signaling proteins, tyrosine phosphorylation of substrates and activation of multiple signaling pathways (5,6). SCF/c-Kit may take part in the growth control of human malignancies (7).
- Smith, M.A. et al. (2001) Blood Rev. 15, 191-197.
- Linnekin, D. (1999) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 31, 1053-1074.
- Huang, E. et al. (1990) Cell 63, 225-233.
- Jiang, X. et al. (2000) EMBO J. 19, 3192-3203.
- Ashman, L.K. (1999) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 31, 1037-1051.
- Ueda, S. et al. (2002) Blood 99, 3342-3349.
- Attoub, S. et al. (2002) Cancer Res. 62, 4879-4883.
- Katayama, R. et al. (2012) Sci Transl Med , . Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.