Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
RhoB Antibody #2098
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||21||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RhoB Antibody detects endogenous levels of total RhoB protein. The antibody does not cross-react with RhoA or RhoC.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human RhoB. Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse and rat brain tissue using RhoB Antibody.
Rho family small GTPases, including Rho, Rac and cdc42, act as molecular switches, regulating processes such as cell migration, adhesion, proliferation and differentiation. They are activated by guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs), which catalyze the exchange of bound GDP for GTP, and inhibited by GTPase activating proteins (GAPs), which catalyze the hydrolysis of GTP to GDP. A third level of regulation is provided by the stoichiometric binding of Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDI) (1). RhoA, RhoB and RhoC are highly homologous, but appear to have divergent biological functions. Carboxy-terminal modifications and differences in subcellular localization allow these three proteins to respond to and act on distinct signaling molecules (2,3).
RhoB functions in the regulation of cell shape, migration and adhesion (4). RhoB activity has also been shown to play a role in protein trafficking (5,6) and in CXCR2-mediated chemotaxis (6). Inhibition of RhoB activity downstream of PKCι influences the degree of invasion and migration by glioblastoma cells (7), and RhoB expression has a negative affect on tumor growth in ovarian cancer (8).
- DerMardirossian, C. and Bokoch, G.M. (2005) Trends Cell Biol 15, 356-63.
- Wennerberg, K. and Der, C.J. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 1301-12.
- Wheeler, A.P. and Ridley, A.J. (2004) Exp Cell Res 301, 43-9.
- Wheeler, A.P. and Ridley, A.J. (2007) Exp Cell Res 313, 3505-16.
- Sandilands, E. et al. (2007) J Cell Sci 120, 2555-64.
- Neel, N.F. et al. (2007) J Cell Sci 120, 1559-71.
- Baldwin, R.M. et al. (2008) Oncogene 27, 3587-95.
- Couderc, B. et al. (2008) Cancer Gene Ther 15, 456-64.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2117 RhoA (67B9) Rabbit mAb
- 2462 Cdc42 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.