Product Pathways - Translational Control
Grp94 Antibody #2104
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||100||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Grp94 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Grp94 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence surrounding Met622 of human Grp94 . Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Secretory proteins are synthesized on polysomes and translocated into the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). Inside ER, these proteins are often modified by disulfide bond formation, amino-linked glycosylation and folding. The ER contains a pool of molecular chaperones, including Grp94, to help proteins fold properly. Grp94 is a glucose-regulated protein (1) with sequence homology to Hsp90 (2). In addition to its role to help some secretory proteins fold to their correct conformation (3), studies suggest that Grp94 derived from cancer cells also induces anti-tumor immune responses in mouse tumor models (4, 5). One reason for this tumor immunogenicity is that Grp94 binds to the peptides from proteins in cancer cells and can therefore present these peptides as tumor antigens (6). Furthermore, Grp94 has also been shown to induce maturation of dendritic cells (7). Taken together, Grp94 functions both as a tumor-specific antigen and as an activator of antigen-presenting cells to elicit immunity to cancers (8).
- Lee, A.S. et al. (1981) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 78, 4922-4925.
- Sorger, P.K. and Pelham, H.R. (1987) J. Mol. Biol. 194, 341-344.
- Argon, Y. and Simen, B.B. (1999) Semin. Cell Dev. Biol. 10, 495-505.
- Blachere, N.E. et al. (1997) J. Exp. Med. 186, 1315-1322.
- Tamura, Y. et al. (1997) Science 278, 117-120.
- Schild, H. and Rammensee, H.G. (2000) Nat. Immunol. 1, 100-101.
- Singh-Jasuja, H. et al. (2000) Eur. J. Immunol. 30, 2211-2215.
- Nicchitta, C.V. et al. (2004) Cell Stress Chaperones 9, 325-331.
- Sadighi Akha, A.A. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 30344-51. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 3177 BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 4874 HSP90 Antibody
- 4875 HSP90 (E289) Antibody
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 3179 Phospho-PERK (Thr980) (16F8) Rabbit mAb
- 4759 ER Protein Folding Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.