Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody #2105
|2105S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2105P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2105||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||60||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Src only when phosphorylated at Tyr527. The antibody may cross-react with other Src family members such as Yes, Fyn, Fgr and Yrk when phosphorylated at the equivalent sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr527 of human Src. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 cells, using Phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody (A,B) or v-Src antibody (C,D). The phospho-specificity of the antibody was confirmed by treating the membrane with calf intestinal alkaline phosphatase (CIP) (B,D) after Western transfer.
The Src family of protein tyrosine kinases, which includes Src, Lyn, Fyn, Yes, Lck, Blk, and Hck, are important in the regulation of growth and differentiation of eukaryotic cells (1). Src activity is regulated by tyrosine phosphorylation at two sites, but with opposing effects. While phosphorylation at Tyr416 in the activation loop of the kinase domain upregulates enzyme activity, phosphorylation at Tyr527 in the carboxy-terminal tail by Csk renders the enzyme less active (2).
- Michels, S. et al. (2013) Cancer Res 73, 2518-28. Applications: Western Blotting, IHC-P (paraffin).
- McPherson, V.A. et al. (2009) J Immunol 183, 4940-7. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 6943 Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) (D49G4) Rabbit mAb
- 2123 Src (32G6) Rabbit mAb
- 2101 Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) Antibody
- 2102 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr416) (7G9) Mouse mAb
- 2107 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 9935 Src Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2109 Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb
- 2110 Src (L4A1) Mouse mAb
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.