Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Src Antibody #2108
|2108S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2108||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||60||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Src Antibody detects endogenous levels of Src proteins. This antibody may cross-react with other Src family members, but does not cross-react with other non-family proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues close to the carboxy-terminus of human Src. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, using Src Antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecifc negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of MCF7 cells labeled with Src Antibody (red). Blue=DRAQ5® #4084 fluorescent DNA dye.
The Src family of protein tyrosine kinases, which includes Src, Lyn, Fyn, Yes, Lck, Blk, and Hck, are important in the regulation of growth and differentiation of eukaryotic cells (1). Src activity is regulated by tyrosine phosphorylation at two sites, but with opposing effects. While phosphorylation at Tyr416 in the activation loop of the kinase domain upregulates enzyme activity, phosphorylation at Tyr527 in the carboxy-terminal tail by Csk renders the enzyme less active (2).
- Nikolic, D.S. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 4841-52. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2101 Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) Antibody
- 2102 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr416) (7G9) Mouse mAb
- 2105 Phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 2107 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 9935 Src Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 1235 Src Blocking Peptide
- 2123 Src (32G6) Rabbit mAb
- 2109 Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb
- 2110 Src (L4A1) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.