Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb #2109
|W IP IHC-P IHC-F IF-F IF-IC F||H M R Hm Mk B Pg (C)||Endogenous||60||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey C=Chicken B=Bovine Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Src proteins. The antibody may cross-react with other Src family members, but does not cross-react with other non-family proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human Src.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma using Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Src Blocking Peptide #1235 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen SKOV-3 xenograft using Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of A-431 cells using Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of MCF-7 cells labeled with Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
The Src family of protein tyrosine kinases, which includes Src, Lyn, Fyn, Yes, Lck, Blk, and Hck, are important in the regulation of growth and differentiation of eukaryotic cells (1). Src activity is regulated by tyrosine phosphorylation at two sites, but with opposing effects. While phosphorylation at Tyr416 in the activation loop of the kinase domain upregulates enzyme activity, phosphorylation at Tyr527 in the carboxy-terminal tail by Csk renders the enzyme less active (2).
- Thomas, S.M. and Brugge, J.S. (1997) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 13, 513-609.
- Hunter, T. (1987) Cell 49, 1-4.
- Zaytseva, Y.Y. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 1504-17. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2101 Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) Antibody
- 2102 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr416) (7G9) Mouse mAb
- 2105 Phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 2107 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9935 Src Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2123 Src (32G6) Rabbit mAb
- 2110 Src (L4A1) Mouse mAb
- 2108 Src Antibody
- 1235 Src Blocking Peptide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.