Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Parkin Antibody #2132
|W||H M R||Endogenous||52||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Parkin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total parkin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding amino acid 400 of human parkin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Parkin is a protein of 465 amino acids with an amino-terminal ubiquitin domain and a carboxy-terminal RING-box (1). In the case of autosomal recessive juvenile Parkinsonism (AR-JP), deletions have been found in the gene on chromosome 6 encoding the protein Parkin (2).
- Tanner, C.M. and Goldman, S.M. (1996) Neurol. Clin. 14, 317-335.
- Polymeropoulous, M.H. et al. (1997) Science 276, 2045-2047.
- Cesari, , R. et al. (2003) Parkin, a gene implicated in autosomal recessive juvenile parkinsonism, is a candidate tumor suppressor gene on chromosome 6q25-q27. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100, 5956-5961. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4211 Parkin (Prk8) Mouse mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.