Product Pathways - Neuroscience
DJ-1 Antibody #2134
|2134S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2134||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||22||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
DJ-1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total DJ-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding amino acid 150 of human DJ-1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Parkinson's disease (PD) is characterized by the presence of Lewy bodies (intracellular inclusions) and by the loss of dopaminergic neurons. Research studies have shown that mutations in α-synuclein, Parkin, and DJ-1 are linked to PD (1). α-synuclein is a major component of the aggregates found in Lewy bodies. Parkin is involved in protein degradation through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway, and investigators have shown that mutations in Parkin cause early onset of PD (1). Loss-of-function mutations in DJ-1 cause early onset of PD, but DJ-1 is associated with multiple functions: it cooperates with Ras to increase cell transformation, it positively regulates transcription of the androgen receptor, and it may function as an indicator of oxidative stress (2-5). Dopamine D2 receptor-mediated functions are greatly impaired in DJ-1 (-/-) mice, resulting in reduced long-term depression (6).
- Borrelli, E. (2005) Neuron 45, 479-81.
- Bonifati, V. et al. (2003) Science 299, 256-9.
- Nagakubo, D. et al. (1997) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 231, 509-13.
- Takahashi, K. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 37556-63.
- Mitsumoto, A. and Nakagawa, Y. (2001) Free Radic. Res. 35, 885-93.
- Goldberg, M.S. et al. (2005) Neuron 45, 489-96.
- Liu, Y. et al. (2010) Cell Biochem Funct 28, 578-84. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2642 α-Synuclein Antibody
- 2644 α/β-Synuclein (Syn205) Mouse mAb
- 3965 Ras Antibody
- 4019 Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.