Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Rab5 Antibody #2143
|W IF-IC||H M R Hm Mk||Endogenous||25||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab5 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Rab5A protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly190 of human Rab5A protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MCF-7, Neuro2A, PC12 and COS cells, using Rab5 Antibody.
Rab5 is a member of the Ras superfamily of small Rab GTPases. Rab5 is localized at the plasma membrane and early endosomes and functions as a key regulator of vesicular trafficking during early endocytosis (1). The conformational change between Rab5 GTP/GDP states is essential for its biological function as a rate limiting regulator at multiple steps during endocytosis (1,2). Rab5 exerts its function by interacting with several Rab5-specific effectors (1-3). These proteins form complexes with Rab5 on a specialized Rab domain of the endosome and promote recycling of Rab5-cargo targets between endosome and the plasma membrane.
- Zerial, M. and McBride, H. (2001) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2, 107-17.
- van der Bliek, A.M. (2005) Nat Cell Biol 7, 548-50.
- Haas, A.K. et al. (2005) Nat Cell Biol 7, 887-93.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.