Product Pathways - Development
TAZ Antibody #2149
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TAZ Antibody detects endogenous levels of total TAZ protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Ala200 of mouse TAZ. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
TAZ is a transcriptional co-activator with a PDZ-binding motif that is regulated by its interaction with 14-3-3 proteins (1). TAZ shares homology with the WW domain of Yes-associated protein (YAP) (1). TAZ is proposed to modulate the switch between proliferation and differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) via interaction with transcription factors Runx2 and PPARγ. This process is critical to normal tissue development and the prevention of tumor formation. Due to its role in determination of MSC fate, TAZ may have clinical relevance to several human diseases caused by an imbalance of MSC differentiation (2,3). TAZ appears to be negatively regulated by LATS tumor suppressor kinase, a component of the Hippo pathway that controls tissue growth and tumor development (4).
- Kanai, F. et al. (2000) EMBO J 19, 6778-91.
- Hong, J.H. et al. (2005) Science 309, 1074-8.
- Hong, J.H. and Yaffe, M.B. (2006) Cell Cycle 5, 176-9.
- Lei, Q.Y. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 2426-36.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.