Product Pathways - Neuroscience
TorsinA (D-M2A8) Mouse mAb #2150
|W||H M R||Endogenous||35||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TorsinA (D-M2A8) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total torsinA protein. TorsinA (D-M2A8) Mouse mAb does not detect TorsinB (Hewett, J. et al., 2004).
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with human recombinant torsinA (aa 51-324).
The neurological condition Dystonia is associated with sustained muscle contractions and abnormal posturing (1). TorsinA, torsinB, torp2A and torp3A belong to the family of ATPases associated with cellular activites (AAA+) and mutations in torsinA cause early onset dystonia (2). TorsinA has been shown to suppress intracellular protein aggregation in C. elegans and possesses chaperon activity. Interestingly, torsinA is highly expressed in dopaminergic neurons and associates with alpha-synuclein in Lewy bodies, which pathologically characterize Parkinson's Disease (3-5).
- Fahn, S. (1988) Adv. Neurol. 50, 1-8.
- Ozelius, L.J. et al. (1997) Nat. Genet. 17, 40-8.
- Caldwell, G.A. et al. (2003) Hum. Mol. Genet. 12, 307-19.
- McLean, P.J. et al. (2002) J. Neurochem. 83, 846-54.
- O'Farrell, C. et al. (2004) Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 127, 1-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2642 α-Synuclein Antibody
- 2644 α/β-Synuclein (Syn205) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.