Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Musashi Antibody #2154
|W IF-F||H M R (Z)||Endogenous||35||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Z=Zebrafish
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Musashi Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Musashi 1 and 2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human Musashi. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from IEC-6 and LS174T cells, using Musashi Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescence images of the subventricular zone of rat striatal sections labeled with Musashi Antibody (red) and Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) (2F9) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #4854 (green). Proliferating/mitotic cells are labeled with Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (6G3) Mouse mAb #9706 (blue).
Musashi-1 and Musashi-2 are RNA-binding proteins which play a role in asymmetric cell division of ectodermal precursor cells by regulating the translation of target mRNA. Both family members augment Notch signaling and repress the translation of m-Numb, a protein that positively modulates differentiation of neural stem cells into neurons. Thus, Musashi contributes to the maintenance of neural stem cells (1). While Musashi-1 is frequently used as a marker for proliferating neural precursor cells, it is also expressed in epithelial stem cells including intestinal and mammary gland stem cells (2-4).
- Okano, H. et al. (2005) Exp. Cell Res. 306, 349-56.
- Sakakibara, S. et al. (1996) Dev. Biol. 176, 230-42.
- Potten, C.S. et al. (2003) Differentiation 71, 28-41.
- Clarke, R.B. et al. (2005) Dev. Biol. 277, 443-56.
- Longshore, S.W. et al. (2009) J Pediatr Surg 44, 1065-71; discussion 1071. Applications: Western Blotting
- Shiras, A. et al. (2007) Stem Cells 25, 1478-89. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells)
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.