Product Pathways - Protein Stability
Skp1 Antibody #2156
|W IF-IC F||H M R||Endogenous||19||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Skp1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Skp1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human Skp1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from PC12 and NIH/3T3 cells, using Skp1 Antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of NIH/3T3 cells using Skp1 antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent images of NIH/3T3 cells labeled with Skp1 Antibody (green, left) compared to an isotype control (right). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® 555 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Ubiquitin can be covalently linked to many cellular proteins by the ubiquitination process, which targets proteins for degradation by the 26S proteasome. Three components are involved in the target protein-ubiquitin conjugation process. Ubiquitin is first activated by forming a thiolester complex with the activation component E1; the activated ubiquitin is subsequently transferred to the ubiquitin-carrier protein E2 and then from E2 to ubiquitin ligase E3 for final delivery to the epsilon-NH2 of the target protein lysine residue (1-3). Combinatorial interactions of different E2 and E3 proteins result in substrate specificity (4). Recent data suggests that activated E2 associates transiently with E3, and the dissociation is a critical step for ubiquitination (5). S phase kinase-associated protein 1 (Skp1) is a critical scaffold protein of the Skp1/CUL1/F-box (SCF) E3 ubiquitin ligase protein complex. Various F-box proteins (e.g., β-TrCP, Skp2) mediate an interaction with Skp1, via their defining and conserved domain of 40 amino acids, and with substrates to be ubiquitinated (e.g., β-catenin, p27) (4).
- Ciechanover, A. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 7151-60.
- Hochstrasser, M. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, E153-7.
- Hochstrasser, M. (2000) Science 289, 563-4.
- DeSalle, L.M. and Pagano, M. (2001) FEBS Lett. 490, 179-89.
- Deffenbaugh, A.E. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 611-22.
- Yamada, K. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 44057-66. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4996 UBC3B Antibody
- 4997 UBC3 Antibody
- 3936 Ubiquitin (P4D1) Mouse mAb
- 4995 CUL1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4358 Skp2 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.