Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
DNMT3A Antibody #2160
|2160S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2160||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||130||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DNMT3A Antibody detects endogenous levels of total DNMT3A protein. The antibody does not cross-react with DNMT3B or other DNMT proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the human DNMT3A protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Methylation of DNA at cytosine residues in mammalian cells is a heritable, epigenetic modification that is critical for proper regulation of gene expression, genomic imprinting and development (1,2). Three families of mammalian DNA methyltransferases have been identified: DNMT1, DNMT2 and DNMT3 (1,2). DNMT1 is constitutively expressed in proliferating cells and functions as a maintenance methyltransferase, transferring proper methylation patterns to newly synthesized DNA during replication. DNMT3A and DNMT3B are strongly expressed in embryonic stem cells with reduced expression in adult somatic tissues. DNMT3A and DNMT3B function as de novo methyltransferases that methylate previously unmethylated regions of DNA. DNMT2 is expressed at low levels in adult somatic tissues and its inactivation affects neither de novo nor maintenance DNA methylation. DNMT1, DNMT3A and DNMT3B together form a protein complex that interacts with histone deacetylases (HDAC1, HDAC2, Sin3A), transcriptional repressor proteins (RB, TAZ-1) and heterochromatin proteins (HP1, SUV39H1), to maintain proper levels of DNA methylation and facilitate gene silencing (3-8). Improper DNA methylation contributes to diseased states such as cancer (1,2). Hypermethylation of promoter CpG islands within tumor suppressor genes correlates with gene silencing and the development of cancer. In addition, hypomethylation of bulk genomic DNA correlates with and may contribute to the onset of cancer. DNMT1, DNMT3A and DNMT3B are over-expressed in many cancers, including acute and chronic myelogenous leukemias, in addition to colon, breast and stomach carcinomas (9-12).
- Hermann, A. et al. (2004) Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 61, 2571-2587.
- Turek-Plewa, J. and Jagodziński, P.P. (2005) Cell. Mol. Biol. Lett. 10, 631-647.
- Kim, G.D. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 4183-4195.
- Fuks, F. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 2536-2544.
- Geiman, T.M. et al. (2004) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 318, 544-555.
- Rountree, M.R. et al. (2000) Nat. Genet. 25, 269-277.
- Pradhan, S. and Kim, G.D. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 779-788.
- Fuks, F. et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Res. 31, 2305-2312.
- Mizuno, S. et al. (2001) Blood 97, 1172-1179.
- Robertson, K.D. et al. (1999) Nucleic Acids Res. 27, 2291-2298.
- Xie, S. et al. (1999) Gene 236, 87-95.
- Kanai, Y. et al. (2001) Int. J. Cancer 91, 205-212.
- Santanam, U. et al. (2010) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107, 12210-5. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2540 HDAC2 Antibody
- 2545 HDAC2 Antibody (IP Preferred)
- 2062 Histone Deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) Antibody
- 2616 HP1α Antibody
- 2613 HP1β Antibody
- 2619 HP1γ Antibody
- 9309 Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb
- 2149 TAZ Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.