Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Alix (3A9) Mouse mAb #2171
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||95||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Alix (3A9) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Alix protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with full-length recombinant human Alix protein.
Alix, a phylogenetically conserved cytosolic scaffold protein, contains an N-terminal Bro1 domain, a coiled-coil region and a C-terminal proline-rich domain (1,2). Originally identified as an ALG-2 (apoptosis-linked gene 2)-interacting protein involved in programmed cell death (3,4), Alix also regulates many other cellular processes, such as endocytic membrane trafficking and cell adhesion through interactions with ESCRT (endosomal sorting complex required for transport) proteins, endophilins, and CIN85 (Cbl-interacting protein of 85 kDa) (5,6).
- Mattei, S. et al. (2006) Eur. J. Cell Biol. 85, 925-936.
- Odorizzi, G. (2006) J. Cell Sci. 119, 3025-3032.
- Vito, P. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 1533-1540.
- Missotten, M. et al. (1999) Cell Death Differ. 6, 124-129.
- Katoh, K. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 39104-39113.
- Sadoul, R. (2006) Biol. Cell 98, 69-77.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.