Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Cyclophilin A Antibody #2175
|2175S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2175||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||18||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cyclophilin A Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Cyclophilin A protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of Cyclophilin A. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Cyclophilins are a highly conserved family of peptidylprolyl cis-trans-isomerases (PPIA) that are targets of the immunosuppressant drug cyclosporin A (CsA) (1,2). The complex of cyclophilin and CsA can bind to and inhibit calcineurin which leads to inhibition of the transcription factor NFAT and decreased production of cytokines (3,4). As isomerases, cyclophilins have been proposed to aid in protein folding. Cyclophilin A can bind to the p55 Gag protein of HIV and appears necessary for HIV infection (5,6). There is also some evidence that cyclophilins have nuclease activity and play a role in apoptosis (7).
- Takahashi, N. et al. (1989) Nature 337, 473-475.
- Wang, P. and Heitman, J. (2005) Genome Biol. 6, 226.
- Jain, J. et al. (1993) Nature 365, 352-355.
- McCaffrey, P.G. et al. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268, 3747-3752.
- Thali, M. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 363-365.
- Streblow, D.N. et al. (1998) Virology 245, 197-202.
- Montague, J.W. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 18877-18880.
- Dear, J.W. et al. (2011) J Immunol 187, 3347-52. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2614 Pan-Calcineurin A Antibody
- 4998 NFAT4 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.