Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Ataxin-1 Antibody #2177
|W||H M R Dm||Endogenous||105||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Dm=D. melanogaster
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ataxin-1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ataxin-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human ataxin-1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Spinocerebellar ataxia 1 (SCA1), an autosomal dominant neurodegenerative disorder, is characterized by slurred speech, loss of limb coordination, and gait abnormalities resulting from the degeneration of cerebellar Purkinje cells and of a subset of brainstem neurons (1). Individuals with SCA1 have a highly polymorphic CAG repeat expansion encoding a polyglutamine tract in ataxin-1 (2). Akt phosphorylates ataxin-1 at Ser776, which regulates an association with 14-3-3. This interaction increases ataxin-1 stabilization and accumulation resulting in enhanced neurodegeneration (3). In addition, HSP70 controls the effect that phosphorylation has on ataxin-1 stability (4).
- Zoghbi, H.Y. and Orr, H.T. (2000) Annu Rev Neurosci 23, 217-47.
- Orr, H.T. et al. (1993) Nat Genet 4, 221-6.
- Chen, H.K. et al. (2003) Cell 113, 457-68.
- Jorgensen, N.D. et al. (2007) J Neurochem 102, 2040-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2773 Huntingtin Antibody
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9601 Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif Antibody
- 9636 14-3-3 β/α Antibody
- 4876 HSP70 (D69) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.