Product Pathways - Metabolism
PGC-1α (3G6) Rabbit mAb #2178
|W||H||Transfected Only||130||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PGC-1α (3G6) Rabbit mAb detects transfected levels of total PGC-1α protein. This antibody does not cross-react with PGC-1β or other related proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human PGC-1α fusion protein.
PPARγ coactivator-1α (PGC-1α) was originally identified as a transcriptional coactivator whose expression closely correlated with adaptive thermogenesis following exposure to cold temperatures (1). Named for its association with the nuclear receptor peroxisome-proliferator activated receptor (PPARγ), PGC-1α interacts with a diverse array of transcription factors to regulate numerous aspects of cell physiology (2). PGC-1α helps to regulate cell processes important in adaptive thermogenesis and energy metabolism, including the related functions of glucose uptake, gluconeogenesis, insulin secretion, and mitochondrial biogenesis (3). Long thought to be a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of type II diabetes, obesity, cardiomyopathy, or other metabolic disorders (reviewed in 4), a recent functional survey found no obvious differences in PPARγ activity associated with recognized PGC-1α variants (5).
- Puigserver, P. et al. (1998) Cell 92, 829-839.
- Liang, H. and Ward, W.F. (2006) Adv. Physiol. Educ. 30, 145-151.
- Tiraby, C. and Langin, D. (2005) Med. Sci. (Paris) 21, 49-54.
- Finck, B.N. and Kelly, D.P. (2006) J. Clin. Invest. 116, 615-622.
- Nitz, I. et al. (2007) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 353, 481-486.
- Felder, T.K. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 42923-36. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2443 PPARγ (81B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2435 PPARγ (C26H12) Rabbit mAb
- 2430 PPARγ (D69) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.