Product Pathways - Translational Control
YY1 (13G10) Rabbit mAb #2185
|2185S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2185||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||65||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
YY1 (13G10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total YY1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding amino acid 175 of human YY1.
YY1 (Yin Yang1) is a ubiquitously expressed transcription factor with fundamental roles in embryogenesis, differentiation, replication and proliferation. YY1 contains four zinc finger motifs of the Cys-Cys-His-His type and can activate different eukaryotic genes (such as CREB, c-myc, Histone H4, p53 and PARP-1) or repress different eukaryotic genes (such as α-actin, IFN-β and IFN-γ) as well as regulate some viral promoters (1). YY1 deficient embryos die approximately at the time of implantation, suggesting that YY1 has an essential role in embryonic development (2). YY1 is overexpressed in cancer cellssuch as prostate cancer and therfore may be considered a prognostic marker (1).
- Rudra, D. et al. (2012) Nat Immunol 13, 1010-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9198 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb
- 9197 CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb
- 9402 c-Myc Antibody
- 2527 p53 (7F5) Rabbit mAb
- 9915 Apoptosis Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.