Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Presenilin 2 Antibody #2192
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||23 (C-terminal fragment). 54 (full-length).||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Presenilin 2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of the carboxy-terminal fragment of presenilin 2 (23 kDa) and the full length protein (54 kDa) to a lesser extent. It does not cross-react with endogenous levels of presenilin 1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding amino acid 330 of human presenilin 2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Presenilin 1 and presenilin 2 are transmembrane proteins belonging to the presenilin family. Mutation of presenilin genes has been linked to early onset of Alzheimer disease, probably due to presenilin's associated γ-secretase activity for amyloid-β protein processing (1,2). Endogenous presenilin mainly exists in a heterodimeric complex formed from the endoproteolytically processed amino-terminal (34 kDa) and carboxy-terminal (~20, 22, 23 kDa) fragments (CTF) (2,3).
- Haass, C. and DeStrooper, B. (1999) Science 286, 916-919.
- Kimberly, W.T. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 3173-3178.
- Kim, T.W. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 11006-11010.
- Hashimoto, Y. et al. (2002) Neurotoxic mechanisms by Alzheimer's disease-linked N141I mutant presenilin 2. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 300 (3), 736-745. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3622 Presenilin 1 Antibody
- 3632 Nicastrin Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.