Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
RPA70 (C24F2) Rabbit mAb #2193
|W||H Mk||Endogenous||70||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RPA70 (C32F2) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total RPA70 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding threonine 164 of human RPA70.
RPA70 (HSSB, REPA1, RF-A, RP-A, p70) is a component of a heterotrimeric complex, composed of 70, 32/30 and 14 kDa subunits, collectively known as RPA. RPA is a single stranded DNA binding protein, whose DNA binding activity is believed to reside entirely in the 70 kDa subunit. The complex is required for almost all aspects of cellular DNA metabolism such as DNA replication (1-3), recombination, cell cycle and DNA damage checkpoints, and all major types of DNA repair including nucleotide excision, base excision, mismatch and double-strand break repairs (4-7). In response to genotoxic stress in eukaryotic cells, RPA has been shown to associate with the Rad9/Rad1/Hus1 (9-1-1) checkpoint complex (8). RPA is hyperphosphorylated upon DNA damage or replication stress by checkpoint kinases including ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM), ATM and Rad3-related (ATR), and DNA-dependent protein kinase (DNA-PK) (9-11). Hyperphosphorylation may alter RPA-DNA and RPA-protein interactions. In addition to the checkpoint partners, RPA interacts with a wide variety of protein partners, including proteins required for normal replication such as RCF, PCNA and Pol α, and also proteins involved in SV40 replication, such as DNA polymerase I and SV40 large T antigen (10,12).
- Liu, V.F. and Weaver, D.T. (1993) Mol. Cell Biol. 13, 7222-7231.
- Wobbe, C.R. et al. (1987) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 84, 1834-1838.
- Fairman, M.P. and Stillman, B. (1988) EMBO J. 7, 1211-1218.
- Wold, M.S. and Kelly, T. (1988) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 85, 2523-2527.
- Zhou, B.B. and Elledge, S.J. (2000) Nature 408, 433-439.
- Kastan, M.B. and Bartek, J. (2004) Nature 432, 316-323.
- Sancar, A. et al. (2004) Annu. Rev. Biochem. 73, 39-85.
- Guo, S. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 21607-16.
- Wu, X. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 4728-4735.
- Binz, S.K. et al. DNA Repair (Amst) 3, 1015-1024.
- Nuss, J.E. et al. (2005) Biochemistry 44, 8428-8437.
- Yuzhakov, A. et al. (1999) EMBO J. 18, 6189-6199.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2208 RPA32 (4E4) Rat mAb
- 2198 RPA70 (4D9) Rat mAb
- 2267 RPA70 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9947 DNA Damage Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8341 DNA Replication Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8342 UV Induced DNA Damage Response Antibody Sampler Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.