Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) (C13C1) Rabbit mAb #2197
|2197S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2197P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2197||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) (C13C1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Chk2 only when phosphorylated at Thr68.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr68 of human Chk2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, untreated or UV-treated, using Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) (C13C1) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of phospho-chk2 from UV-treated HT29 cells using Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) (C13C1) Rabbit mAb followed by western blot using the same antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) (C13C1) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, control (left) or λ phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) (C13C1) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) (C13C1) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded HT-29 cell pellets, control (left) or UV-treated (right), using Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) (C13C1) Rabbit mAb.
Chk2 is the mammalian orthologue of the budding yeast Rad53 and fission yeast Cds1 checkpoint kinases (1-3). The amino-terminal domain of Chk2 contains a series of seven serine or threonine residues (Ser19, Thr26, Ser28, Ser33, Ser35, Ser50, and Thr68) each followed by glutamine (SQ or TQ motif). These are known to be preferred sites for phosphorylation by ATM/ATR kinases (4,5). After DNA damage by ionizing radiation (IR), UV irradiation, or hydroxyurea treatment, Thr68 and other sites in this region become phosphorylated by ATM/ATR (5-7). The SQ/TQ cluster domain, therefore, seems to have a regulatory function. Phosphorylation at Thr68 is a prerequisite for the subsequent activation step, which is attributable to autophosphorylation of Chk2 at residues Thr383 and Thr387 in the activation loop of the kinase domain (8).
- Allen, J.B. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8, 2401-2415.
- Weinert, T.A. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8, 652-665.
- Murakami, H. and Okayama, H. (1995) Nature 374, 817-819.
- Kastan, M.B. and Lim, D.S. (2000) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 1, 179-186.
- Matsuoka, S. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 10389-10394.
- Melchionna, R. et al. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, 762-765.
- Ahn, J.Y. et al. (2000) Cancer Res. 60, 5934-5936.
- Lee, C.H. and Chung, J.H. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 30537-30541.
- Zhu, H. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e12055. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2662 Chk2 Antibody
- 2665 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser33/35) Antibody
- 2666 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser19) Antibody
- 2669 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser516) Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 3440 Chk2 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 2661 Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.