Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-12 Antibody #2202
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspase-12 Antibody detects endogenous levels of full-length caspase-12 protein (55 kDa) and its cleaved product (42 kDa). The antibody does not cross-react with other caspases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding amino acid 158 of mouse caspase-12. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Caspase-12 is located in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). It is responsible for ER-stress-induced apoptosis, such as high calcium concentration, low oxygen and low glucose levels (1,2). One of the mechanisms for caspase-12 activation is related to calpain mediated cleavage at T132 and K158, both of which are located at the amino-terminal region of the caspase-12 (2,3). Caspase-12 also has a putative caspase cleavage site located at the carboxy-terminal region of the protein (3). In cortical neurons, caspase-12 is involved at least partially in the amyloid-beta neurotoxicity process (1).
- Nakagawa, T. et al. (2000) Nature 403, 98-103.
- Nakagawa, T. and Yuan, J. (2000) J. Cell Biol. 150, 887-894.
- Van de Craen, M. et al. (1997) FEBS Lett. 403, 61-69.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9502 Caspase-9 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9504 Caspase-9 Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 9505 Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp315) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9662 Caspase-3 Antibody
- 9746 Caspase-8 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 9748 Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp384) (11G10) Mouse mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.