Product Pathways - Development
TCF1 (C46C7) Rabbit mAb #2206
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||28-50||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TCF1 (C46C7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total TCF1 proteins. This antibody should detect all TCF1 isoforms, including those lacking the amino-terminal β-catenin binding domain. This antibody does not cross-react with LEF1.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a region surrounding Leu158 of human TCF1 protein.
LEF1 and TCF are members of the high mobility group (HMG) DNA binding protein family of transcription factors that consists of the following: Lymphoid Enhancer Factor 1 (LEF1), T Cell Factor 1 (TCF1), TCF3, and TCF4 (1). LEF1 and TCF1 were originally identified as important factors regulating early lymphoid development (2) and act downstream in Wnt signaling. LEF1 and TCF bind to Wnt response elements to provide docking sites for β-catenin, which translocates to the nucleus to promote the transcription of target genes upon activation of Wnt signaling (3). LEF1 and TCF are dynamically expressed during development and aberrant activation of the Wnt signaling pathway is involved in many types of cancers including colon cancer (4,5).
TCF1, also known as TCF7 (Transcription Factor 7), has several isoforms due to alternative splicing and transcription from an alternative promoter. The isoforms generated by the alternative promoter do not contain the amino-terminal β-catenin binding domain and therefore may function in a dominant negative manner (6). TCF1 displays dynamic expression both in the total amount and the type of isoforms expressed in T cells during development and differentiation (7).
- Waterman, M.L. (2004) Cancer Metastasis Rev. 23, 41-52.
- Schilham, M.W. and Clevers, H. (1998) Semin. Immunol. 10, 127-132.
- Brantjes, H. et al. (2002) Biol. Chem. 383, 255-261.
- Reya, T. and Clevers, H. (2005) Nature 434, 843-850.
- Logan, C.Y. and Nusse, R. (2004) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 20, 781-810.
- Waterman, M.L. Cancer Metastasis Rev. 23, 41-52.
- Willinger, T. et al. (2006) J. Immunol. 176, 1439-1446.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2286 LEF1 (C18A7) Rabbit mAb
- 2391 Wnt3a Antibody
- 2392 Wnt5a Antibody
- 3216 Dvl2 Antibody
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 2262 Naked1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.