Product Pathways - Development
Shh (C9C5) Rabbit mAb #2207
|W||H R Z (M)||Endogenous||19, (45 kDa precursor)||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Z=Zebrafish
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Shh (C9C5) Rabbit mAb detects the endogenous levels of total Shh protein. This antibody does not cross-react with transfected IHH and DHH.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu53 of human Shh.
Hedgehog proteins (Hh) are secreted signaling proteins that play many roles during animal development. Aberrant Hh signaling activity can be associated with numerous birth defects and uncontrolled Hh pathway activation is linked to the development of several types of cancers (1-2). The three identified vertebrate Hh genes are Sonic (Shh), Indian (Ihh) and Desert (Dhh), all of which have distinct as well as overlapping roles (3-5). Hh proteins are synthesized as 45 kDa precursors that undergo auto-cleavage to generate a 19 kDa amino-terminal peptide (Hh-N) and a carboxy-terminal peptide (Hh-C). The amino-terminal peptide becomes covalently attached to a cholesterol molecule at its carboxy terminus and acetylated at its amino terminus. This doubly modified Hh-N peptide is released from cells and responsible for all known Hedgehog signaling activity (6).
- Ingham, P.W. and McMahon, A.P. (2001) Genes Dev. 15, 3059-3087.
- McMahon, A.P. et al. (2003) Curr. Top Dev. Biol. 53, 1-114.
- Zhang, X.M. et al. (2001) Cell 106, 781-792.
- Adolphe, C. et al. (2004) Development 131, 5009-5019.
- Pathi, S. et al. (2001) Mech. Dev. 106, 107-117.
- Bijlsma, M.F. et al. (2004) Bioessays 26, 387-394.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2287 Shh Antibody
- 2271 Shh/Ihh Antibody
- 2553 GLI1 Antibody
- 2585 GLI2 (R770) Antibody
- 2468 PTCH1 (C53A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2470 PTCH2 (G1191) Antibody
- 2464 PTCH2 (L849) Antibody
- 2520 SUFU (C54G2) Rabbit mAb
- 2522 SUFU (C81H7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.