Product Pathways - Metabolism
Glut4 (1F8) Mouse mAb #2213
|2213S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2213||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||50||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Glut4 (1F8) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Glut4 protein. It does not cross-react with other related proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with partially purified intracellular glucose transporter-containing vesicles obtained from rat adipocytes.
A group of related glucose transporters (Glut1-5 and 7) mediate the facilitated diffusion of glucose in nonepithelial mammalian tissues. Within insulin-responsive tissues such as muscle and fat, Glut1 contributes to basal glucose uptake while Glut4 is responsible for insulin-stimulated glucose transport (1-3). Glut4 is a 12-transmembrane domain protein that facilitates glucose transport in the direction of the glucose gradient. This transporter localizes to intracellular organelles (endosomes) in unstimulated cells and translocates to the cell surface following insulin stimulation (1,2,4). Translocation of Glut4 is dependent on Akt, which may act by phosphorylating AS160, a RabGAP protein involved in membrane trafficking (5).
- Marette, A. et al. (1992) Am. J. Physiol. 263, C443-C452.
- Slot, J.W. et al. (1991) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88, 7815-7819.
- James, D.E. et al. (1989) Nature 338, 83-87.
- Barrett, M.P. et al. (1999) Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 11, 496-502.
- Zeigerer, A. et al. (2004) Mol. Biol. Cell 15, 4406-4415.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4685 Akt (pan) (11E7) Rabbit mAb
- 2670 AS160 (C69A7) Rabbit mAb
- 3194 IRS-1 (L3D12) Mouse mAb
- 2390 IRS-1 (59G8) Rabbit mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2382 IRS-1 Antibody
- 2385 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser1101) Antibody
- 2381 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Antibody
- 2384 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser302) Antibody
- 2388 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser636/639) Antibody
- 2389 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser789) Antibody
- 3193 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (L7B8) Mouse mAb
- 4502 IRS-2 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.