Product Pathways - Translational Control
Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser240/244) Antibody #2215
|2215S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2215||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Zebrafish||Endogenous||32||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken, Xenopus.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser240/244) Antibody detects endogenous levels of ribosomal protein S6 only when phosphorylated at serines 240 and 244. This antibody does not detect S6 ribosomal protein phosphorylated at other sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser240 and Ser244 of human S6 ribosomal protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
One way that growth factors and mitogens effectively promote sustained cell growth and proliferation is by upregulating mRNA translation (1,2). Growth factors and mitogens induce the activation of p70 S6 kinase and the subsequent phosphorylation of the S6 ribosomal protein. Phosphorylation of S6 ribosomal protein correlates with an increase in translation of mRNA transcripts that contain an oligopyrimidine tract in their 5' untranslated regions (2). These particular mRNA transcripts (5'TOP) encode proteins involved in cell cycle progression, as well as ribosomal proteins and elongation factors necessary for translation (2,3). Important S6 ribosomal protein phosphorylation sites include several residues (Ser235, Ser236, Ser240, and Ser244) located within a small, carboxy-terminal region of the S6 protein (4,5).
- Boylan, J. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 44457-44463. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Tang, H. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell. Biol. 21, 8671-8683. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Cao, R. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Neurosci 38, 312-24. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells).
- Fonseca, B.D. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 27111-22. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Goto, J. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, E1070-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4858 Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) (D57.2.2E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2211 Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) Antibody
- 9202 p70 S6 Kinase Antibody
- 9204 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr421/Ser424) Antibody
- 9203 p70 S6 Kinase Control Cell Extracts
- 9205 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) Antibody
- 9430 PhosphoPlus® p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389, Thr421/Ser424) Antibody Kit
- 9918 Translational Control Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.