Product Pathways - Development
LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb #2230
|2230S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2230P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2230||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||25-58||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous level of total LEF1 protein. It does not recognize the dominant negative forms of LEF1 generated by an alternative promoter.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro82 of human LEF1.
Western blot analysis of total cell lysates from HCT15, DLD1 and mouse thymocytes using LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of untreated Jurkat cells using LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HCT-15 cells using LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DyLight™ 554 Phalloidin #13054 (red).
LEF1 and TCF are members of the high mobility group (HMG) DNA binding protein family of transcription factors that consists of the following: Lymphoid Enhancer Factor 1 (LEF1), T Cell Factor 1 (TCF1), TCF3, and TCF4 (1). LEF1 and TCF1 were originally identified as important factors regulating early lymphoid development (2) and act downstream in Wnt signaling. LEF1 and TCF bind to Wnt response elements to provide docking sites for β-catenin, which translocates to the nucleus to promote the transcription of target genes upon activation of Wnt signaling (3). LEF1 and TCF are dynamically expressed during development and aberrant activation of the Wnt signaling pathway is involved in many types of cancers including colon cancer (4,5).
LEF1 has several isoforms due to alternative splicing. LEF1 also has an alternative promoter that is preferentially active in lymphocytes. The isoforms generated by this alternative promoter have no amino-terminal β-catenin binding domain and may function in a dominant negative manner (6-8).
- Waterman, M.L. Cancer Metastasis Rev 23, 41-52.
- Schilham, M.W. and Clevers, H. (1998) Semin Immunol 10, 127-32.
- Brantjes, H. et al. (2002) Biol Chem 383, 255-61.
- Reya, T. and Clevers, H. (2005) Nature 434, 843-50.
- Logan, C.Y. and Nusse, R. (2004) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 20, 781-810.
- Hovanes, K. et al. (2000) Nucleic Acids Res. 28, 1994-2003.
- Hovanes, K. et al. (2001) Nat. Genet. 28, 53-57.
- Kobielak, A. et al. (2001) Acta. Biochim. Pol. 48, 221-226.
- Luderer, H.F. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 18444-51. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2391 Wnt3a Antibody
- 2392 Wnt5a Antibody
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 3216 Dvl2 Antibody
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 2206 TCF1 (C46C7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.