Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb #2243
|W IHC-P IHC-F||H||Endogenous||185||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of ErbB2 only when phosphorylated at tyrosines 1221/1222. The antibody does not detect other activated Erb family members or other tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding tyrosines 1221/1222 of human ErbB2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from cells expressing different activated tyrosine kinase proteins, using Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Phospho-Tyrosine mAb (P-Tyr-100) #9411 (lower). Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb specifically detects phosphorylated HER2/ErbB2 but not other phosphorylated tyrosine kinases.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing membrane localization, using Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded SkBr3 cell pellets untreated (left) EGF-treated (right) either untreated (top) or lambda-phosphatase-treated (bottom), using Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human renal adenocarcinoma, using Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) Blocking Peptide #1254 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human NCI-H358 xenograft, using Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen HCC827 xenograft, using Phospho-Her2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222)(6B12) Rabbit mAb.
The ErbB2 (HER2) proto-oncogene encodes a 185 kDa transmembrane, receptor-like glycoprotein with intrinsic tyrosine kinase activity (1). While ErbB2 lacks an identified ligand, ErbB2 kinase activity can be activated in the absence of a ligand when overexpressed and through heteromeric associations with other ErbB family members (2). Amplification of the ErbB2 gene and overexpression of its product are detected in almost 40% of human breast cancers (3). Binding of the c-Cbl ubiquitin ligase to ErbB2 at Tyr1112 leads to ErbB2 poly-ubiquitination and enhances degradation of this kinase (4). ErbB2 is a key therapeutic target in the treatment of breast cancer and other carcinomas and targeting the regulation of ErbB2 degradation by the c-Cbl-regulated proteolytic pathway is one potential therapeutic strategy. Phosphorylation of the kinase domain residue Tyr877 of ErbB2 (homologous to Tyr416 of pp60c-Src) may be involved in regulating ErbB2 biological activity. The major autophosphorylation sites in ErbB2 are Tyr1248 and Tyr1221/1222; phosphorylation of these sites couples ErbB2 to the Ras-Raf-MAP kinase signal transduction pathway (1,5).
- Muthuswamy, S.K. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 6845-57.
- Qian, X. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 1500-4.
- Dittadi, R. and Gion, M. (2000) J Natl Cancer Inst 92, 1443-4.
- Klapper, L.N. et al. (2000) Cancer Res 60, 3384-8.
- Kwon, Y.K. et al. (1997) J Neurosci 17, 8293-9.
- Frogne, T. et al. (2009) Breast Cancer Res 11, R11. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
- Weigelt, B. et al. (2010) Breast Cancer Res Treat 122, 35-43. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8117 SignalSlide® Phospho-ErbB Family IHC Controls
- 1254 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) Blocking Peptide
- 9923 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2165 HER2/ErbB2 (29D8) Rabbit mAb
- 2248 HER2/ErbB2 (44E7) Mouse mAb
- 2241 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr877) Antibody
- 2242 HER2/ErbB2 Antibody
- 2244 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1248)/EGFR (Tyr1173) Antibody
- 2247 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1248) Antibody
- 2249 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) Antibody
- 3250 HER2/ErbB2 (M45) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.