Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
PRMT5/Skb1Hs Methyltransferase Antibody #2252
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||70||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PRMT5/Skb1Hs Methyltransferase Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Skb1Hs methyltransferase protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other related mammalian methyltransferases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding amino acid 100 of human Skb1Hs methyltransferase. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Human Skb1Hs methyltransferase (also called JBP1), a homologue of yeast protein Skb1 and Hsl7p (1,2), is composed of 637 amino acid residues and contains motifs conserved among protein methyltransferases. It methylates histones and MBP in vitro (2). Yeast Hsl7p is involved in regulation of cell cycle progression through G2 by negatively regulating Swe1p, a protein tyrosine kinase that phosphorylates and inhibits Cdc28p (3). An Hsl7p homologue, Skb1, was identified in fission yeast by virtue of its yeast two-hybrid interaction with Shk1p, a p21 (cdc42p/Rac) activated kinase (PAK) (4). Both proteins belong to the protein methyltransferase superfamily (5). Interestingly, human Skb1Hs methyltransferase was shown to interact with Jak kinases. This suggests the possibility that the Skb1Hs methyltransferase could link Jak to a PAK signaling pathway in mammalian cells.
- Gilbreth, M. et al. (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95, 14781-14786.
- Pollack, B.P. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 31531-31542.
- Ma, X.J. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10, 1327-1340.
- Gilbreth, M. et al. (1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93, 13802-13807.
- Ma, X.J. et al. (2000) Trends Biochem. Sci. 25, 11-12.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9671 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 9701 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Antibody
- 9711 Acetyl- and Phospho-Histone H3 (Lys9/Ser10) Antibody
- 9715 Histone H3 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2449 PRMT1 (A33) Antibody
- 2453 PRMT1 (F339) Antibody
- 4438 PRMT4/CARM1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.