Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody #2261
|W IP E-P||All||Endogenous||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody detects endogenous levels of many cellular proteins only when phosphorylated at serine residues surrounded by Arg or Lys at the -2 and +2 positions and a hydrophobic residue at the +1 position. The antibody does not cross-react with nonphosphorylated serine residues, with phospho-threonine in the same motif, or with phospho-serine in other motifs. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic phospho-PKC substrate peptides . Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat cells, untreated or treated with PMA (50 ng/ml) and ionomycin (1 µM for 20 minutes prior to lysis) and subjected to 2-D electrophoresis, using Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from WEHI 231 cells and Jurkat cells, untreated or TPA-treated, using Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody.
Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody ELISA assay: Signal-to-noise ratio of phospho- versus nonphospho-peptides. (S* denotes phosphorylated serine.)
Although protein kinase C (PKC) family members are involved in a number of signal transduction processes including secretion, gene expression, proliferation, and muscle contraction (1,2), many of their substrates remain unidentified. Isozymes of PKC are subdivided into conventional PKCs (cPKC), novel PKCs (nPKC), and atypical PKCs (aPKC). PKCα, βI, βII, and γ isoforms belong to the cPKC group (1). When activated, cPKC isozymes phosphorylate substrates containing Ser or Thr, with Arg or Lys at the -3, -2, and +2 positions, and a hydrophobic amino acid at position +1 (1-3). To identify potential PKC substrates, Cell Signaling Technology has developed antibodies that recognize this motif. Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate (D13C5/D47H10/D50E3) Rabbit mAb is specific to cPKC substrates containing phospho-Ser.
- Nishikawa, K. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 952-60.
- Pearson, R.B. and Kemp, B.E. (1991) Methods Enzymol 200, 62-81.
- Obata, T. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 36108-15.
- White, D. et al. (2007) J Exp Biol 210, 4053-64. Applications: Western Blotting
- Kim, J.Y. and Saffen, D. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 32035-47. Applications: IP Western Blotting
- Smith, J.A. et al. (2005) Cancer Res 65, 1027-34. Applications: Western Blotting
- Iwabu, A. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 14551-60. Applications: Western Blotting
- Pierchala, B.A. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 27986-93. Applications: Western Blotting
- Jones, M.L. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 40475-83. Applications: Western Blotting
- Carpenter, L. et al. (2004) Diabetes 53, 53-60. Applications: Western Blotting
- Kohn, E.A. et al. (2003) Cancer Res 63, 31-5. Applications: Western Blotting
- Li, Y. et al. (2003) Mol Cell Biol 23, 6255-66. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 9624 Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb
- 9411 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100)
- 9441 Acetylated-Lysine Antibody
- 2909 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate (4F7) Rabbit mAb
- 2325 Phospho-MAPK/CDK Substrates (PXS*P or S*PXR/K) (34B2) Rabbit mAb
- 2321 Phospho-(Thr) MAPK/CDK Substrate Mouse mAb
- 2351 Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine Antibody
- 9381 Phospho-Threonine Antibody (P-Thr-Polyclonal)
- 9601 Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif Antibody
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 9621 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody
- 9631 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Phe Antibody
- 9634 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PDK1 Docking Motif (18A2) Mouse mAb
- 9615 Phospho-(Ser) Kinase Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9920 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Kinase Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
License/Use Restrictions: Use of CST Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patent No.'s 7,198,896 & 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.