Product Pathways - Development
Naked1 Antibody #2262
|W IP||H M||Endogenous||59, 61||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Naked1 antibody detects endogenous levels of total Naked1 proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln227 of human Naked1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Naked1 (Nkd1) and Naked2 (Nkd2) are homologs of Drosophila Naked cuticle, a negative regulator of Wnt/Wingless signaling pathway which functions through a feedback mechanism (1,2). Both Drosophila and vertebrate Naked proteins contain a putative calcium-binding EF-hand motif, however, Drosophila Naked binds to zinc instead of calcium (3). Naked inhibits the canonical Wnt/β-catenin pathway by binding to Dishevelled proteins and directs Dishevelled activity towards the planar cell polarity pathway (2,4). Naked1 is a direct target of Wnt signaling and is overexpressed in some colon tumors due to constitutive activation of Wnt/β-catenin pathway (5). Naked2 is myristoylated and is required for sorting of TGF-α to the basolateral plasma membrane of polarized epithelial cells (6).
- Zeng, W. et al. (2000) Nature 403, 789-795.
- Wharton, K.A. et al. (2001) Dev. Biol. 234, 93-106.
- Rousset, R. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 49019-49026.
- Yan, D. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 3802-3807.
- Yan, D. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 14973-14978.
- Li, C. et al. (2004) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101, 5571-5576.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3216 Dvl2 Antibody
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 9315 GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.