Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Evi-1 Antibody #2265
|W||H (Dg)||Endogenous||105, 145, 200||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Evi1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Evi-1 and MDS1/Evi proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Leu921 of human Evi-1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Evi-1 (Ecotropic virus integration site 1) was originally identified as a common site of viral integration in murine myeloid leukemia. It is involved in human myeloid disorders through chromosome translocation and inversion (1) and is also implicated in solid tumor formation (2). Evi-1 is a zinc finger transcription factor which also plays an important role in animal development (3). It has many isoforms due to alternative usage of 5'-ends (4), alternative splicing (5), and intergenic splicing which results in the formation of a fusion protein with MDS1 in normal tissues (6).
- Nucifora, G. et al. (2006) Gene 368, 1-11.
- Brooks, D.J. et al. (1996) Br. J. Cancer 74, 1518-25.
- Hoyt, P.R. et al. (1997) Mech. Dev. 65, 55-70.
- Aytekin, M. et al. (2005) Gene 356, 160-8.
- Morishita, K. et al. (1990) Oncogene 5, 963-71.
- Fears, S. et al. (1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93, 1642-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4334 AML1 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.