Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb #2276
|2276S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2276||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Transfected Only||Mouse IgG2a|
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb detects recombinant proteins containing the Myc epitope tag. The antibody recognizes the Myc-tag fused to either the amino or carboxy terminus of targeted proteins in transfected cells.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues 410-419 of human c-Myc (EQKLISEEDL).
Western blot analysis of cell extracts expressing carboxy-terminal Myc-tagged protein (lane 1), amino-terminal Myc-tagged protein (lane 2) or control cell extracts (lane 3), using Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of cell extracts alone (lane 1), extracts overexpressing carboxy-terminal Myc-tagged protein (lane 2) or amino-terminal Myc-tagged protein (lane 3), using Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded COS cell pellets, control (left) or transfected with a carboxy-terminal Myc tagged protein (right), using Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of COS cells, untreated (green) or Myc transfected (blue), using Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of Cos cells transfected with a Myc-tagged protein (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
293T cells were either untransfected (left panel) or transfected with an Myc-tagged human Stat3 construct (right panel), then treated with Human Interleukin-6 (hIL-6) #8904 (100 ng/ml, 30 min). Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 cells and 5 µl of Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb #2276, 5µl of Stat3α (D1A5) XP® Rabbit mAb #8768, or 2 µl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human c-Fos Promoter Primers #4663, human IRF-1 promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
The Myc epitope tag is widely used to detect expression of recombinant proteins in bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cell systems (1).
- Lee, J. H. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 47025-47029. Applications: Western Blotting, IC-ABC.
- Giles, N. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 28580-28587. Applications: Western Blotting, IP.
- Miyazaki, K. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 11327-11335. Applications: Western Blotting, IP.
- Kim, D. W. et al. (2003) . Mol. Endocrinol. 17 (7), 1382-1394. Applications: Western Blotting, IP.
- Cormier, J.H. et al. (2009) Mol Cell 34, 627-33. Applications: IP.
- Boggiano, J.C. et al. (2011) Dev Cell 21, 888-95. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Jeong, H. et al. (2011) Nat Med 18, 159-65. Applications: IP.
- Zheng, Y. et al. (2012) J Biol Chem 287, 148-58. Applications: Western Blotting, IF-IC (In Cells).
- Mihaylova, M.M. et al. (2011) Cell 145, 607-21. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells).
- Miyashita, H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 26188-97. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2278 Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb
- 2272 Myc-Tag Antibody
- 2233 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 2279 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 2367 HA-Tag (6E2) Mouse mAb
- 2365 His-Tag Antibody
- 2372 β-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb
- 2396 MBP (8G1) Mouse mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.