Product Pathways - Companion Products
Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb #2276
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC F||All||Transfected Only||Mouse IgG2a|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb detects recombinant proteins containing the Myc epitope tag. The antibody recognizes the Myc-tag fused to either the amino or carboxy terminus of targeted proteins in transfected cells.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues 410-419 of human c-Myc (EQKLISEEDL).
Western blot analysis of cell extracts expressing carboxy-terminal Myc-tagged protein (lane 1), amino-terminal Myc-tagged protein (lane 2) or control cell extracts (lane 3), using Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of cell extracts alone (lane 1), extracts overexpressing carboxy-terminal Myc-tagged protein (lane 2) or amino-terminal Myc-tagged protein (lane 3), using Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded COS cell pellets, control (left) or transfected with a carboxy-terminal Myc tagged protein (right), using Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of COS cells, untreated (green) or Myc transfected (blue), using Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
The Myc epitope tag is widely used to detect expression of recombinant proteins in bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cell systems (1).
- Lee, J. H. et al. (2003) The neuronal adaptor protein X11alpha reduces Abeta levels in the brains of Alzheimer's APPswe Tg2576 transgenic mice. J. Biol. Chem. 278, 47025-47029. Applications: IC-ABC Western Blotting
- Giles, N. et al. (2003) 14-3-3 acts as an intramolecular bridge to regulate cdc25B localization and activity. J. Biol. Chem. 278, 28580-28587. Applications: IP Western Blotting
- Miyazaki, K. et al. (2004) NEDL1, a novel ubiquitin-protein isopeptide ligase for dishevelled-1, targets mutant superoxide dismutase-1. J. Biol. Chem. 279, 11327-11335. Applications: IP Western Blotting
- Kim, D. W. et al. (2003) RET/PTC (rearranged in transformation/papillary thyroid carcinomas) tyrosine kinase phosphorylates and activates phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1): an alternative phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-independent pathway to activate PDK1. Mol. Endocrinol. 17 (7), 1382-1394. Applications: IP Western Blotting
- Cormier, J.H. et al. (2009) Mol Cell 34, 627-33. Applications: IP
- Boggiano, J.C. et al. (2011) Dev Cell 21, 888-95. Applications: Western Blotting
- Jeong, H. et al. (2011) Nat Med 18, 159-65. Applications: IP
- Zheng, Y. et al. (2012) J Biol Chem 287, 148-58. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells) Western Blotting
- Mihaylova, M.M. et al. (2011) Cell 145, 607-21. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells)
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2278 Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb
- 2272 Myc-Tag Antibody
- 2233 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 2279 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 2367 HA-Tag (6E2) Mouse mAb
- 2365 His-Tag Antibody
- 2372 β-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb
- 2396 MBP (8G1) Mouse mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.