Product Pathways - Companion Products
Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb #2278
|W IP IF-IC F||All||Transfected Only||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb detects recombinant proteins containing the Myc epitope tag. The antibody recognizes the Myc-tag fused to either the amino or carboxy terminus of targeted proteins in transfected cells.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues 410-419 of human c-Myc (EQKLISEEDL).
Western blot analysis of extracts from untransfected control cells (-) and transfected cells overexpressing Myc-Bcl-2 (+), using Bcl-2 Antibody #2872 (left) and Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb (right).
Flow cytometric analysis of COS cells, untreated (blue) or Myc transfected (green), using Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunocytochemical staining of cells expressing Myc-Bcl-2 protein (left) or cells without transfected protein (right), using Myc-tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
The Myc epitope tag is widely used to detect expression of recombinant proteins in bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cell systems (1).
- Munro, S. and Pelham, H.R. (1984) EMBO J. 3, 3087-3093.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2272 Myc-Tag Antibody
- 2276 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb
- 2233 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 2279 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.