Product Pathways - Protein Translation
Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb #2280
|2280S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2280P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2280||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||150||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Raptor protein.
Source / Purification
Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human Raptor.
The regulatory associated protein of mTOR (Raptor) was identified as an mTOR binding partner that mediates mTOR signaling to downstream targets (1,2). Raptor binds to mTOR substrates, including 4E-BP1 and p70 S6 kinase, through their TOR signaling (TOS) motifs and is required for mTOR-mediated phosphorylation of these substrates (3,4). Binding of the FKBP12-rapamycin complex to mTOR inhibits the mTOR-raptor interaction, suggesting a mechanism for rapamycin's specific inhibition of mTOR signaling (5). This mTOR-raptor interaction and its regulation by nutrients and/or rapamycin is dependent on a protein called GβL (6). GβL is also part of the rapamycin-insensitive complex between mTOR and rictor (rapamycin-insensitive companion of mTOR), and may mediate rictor-mTOR signaling to downstream targets including PKCα (7). Furthermore, the rictor-mTOR complex has been identified as the previously elusive PDK2 responsible for the phosphorylation of Akt/PKB on Ser473, facilitating phosphorylation of Akt/PKB on Thr308 by PDK1 and required for the full activation of Akt/PKB (8).
Recently raptor has been identified as a direct substrate of the AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) (9). AMPK phosphorylates raptor on Ser722/Ser792 (9). This phosphorylation is essential for inhibition of the raptor-containing mTOR complex 1 (mTORC1) and induces cell cycle arrest when cells are stressed for energy (9). These findings suggest that raptor is a critical switch that correlates cell cycle progression with energy status.
- Hara, K. et al. (2002) Cell 110, 177-189.
- Kim, D. et al. (2002) Cell 110, 163-175.
- Beugnet, A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 40717-40722.
- Nojima, H. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 15461-15464.
- Oshiro, N. et al. (2004) Genes Cells 9, 359-366.
- Kim, D. H. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell 11, 895-904.
- Sarbassov, D. et al. (2004) Curr. Biol. 14, 1296-1302.
- Sarbassov, D.D. et al. (2005) Science 307, 1098-1101.
- Gwinn, D.M. et al. (2008) Mol Cell 30, 214-26.
- Hosokawa, N. et al. (2009) Mol Biol Cell 20, 1981-91. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hasumi, Y. et al. (2009) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106, 18722-7. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Wu, M. et al. (2010) Rejuvenation Res 13, 571-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Chen, C.H. et al. (2011) Sci Signal 4, ra10. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Lee, J.W. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e15394. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Gao, D. et al. (2011) Mol Cell 44, 290-303. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Roczniak-Ferguson, A. et al. (2012) Sci Signal 5, ra42. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Rosner, M. et al. (2009) Hum Mol Genet 18, 3298-310. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Roca, H. et al. (2009) Neoplasia 11, 1309-17. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Mihaylova, M.M. et al. (2011) Cell 145, 607-21. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2083 Phospho-Raptor (Ser792) Antibody
- 2983 mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb
- 5536 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 2691 PRAS40 (D23C7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3227 GβL Antibody
- 2114 Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 2610 PRAS40 Antibody
- 2640 Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) Antibody
- 2140 Rictor Antibody
- 3274 GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2976 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (49F9) Rabbit mAb (IHC Specific)
- 1230 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Blocking Peptide
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9864 mTOR Regulation Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9862 mTOR Substrates Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9904 Rapamycin
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.