Product Pathways - Phosphatases
PP5 Antibody #2289
|W F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||58||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PP5 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PP5 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino-terminal sequence of human PP5. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293, NIH/3T3 and PC12 cells, using PP5 Antibody.
Protein phosphatase 5 (PP5) is a member of the serine/threonine phosphatase family that also includes PP1, PP2A and PP2B. PP5 uniquely contains an amino-terminal regulatory domain with three tetratricopeptide repeat (TPR) motifs and a carboxy-terminal catalytic domain (1-3). Through the TPR domain, PP5 interacts with a number of proteins and has been reported to be involved in diverse signal transduction pathways, including glucocorticoid receptor signaling, p53-mediated growth arrest, oxidative stress-mediated apoptosis and the response to ionizing radiation-induced DNA damage (4-8).
- Chen, M.X. and Cohen, P.T. (1997) FEBS Lett. 400, 136-140.
- Andreeva, A.V. and Kutuzov, M.A. (1999) Cell. Signal. 11, 555-562.
- Chinkers, M. Trends Endocrinol. Metab. 12, 28-32.
- Zuo, Z. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 12250-12258.
- Morita, K. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 6028-6036.
- Silverstein, A.M. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 16224-16230.
- Ali, A. et al. (2004) Genes Dev. 18, 249-254.
- Wechsler, T. et al. (2004) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101, 1247-1252.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2582 PP1α Antibody
- 2039 PP2A A Subunit Antibody
- 2260 PP2A A Subunit (6G3) Rat mAb
- 4953 PP2A B Subunit Antibody
- 2038 PP2A C Subunit Antibody
- 2259 PP2A C Subunit (52F8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.