Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
NUP98 (P671) Antibody #2292
|W IP||H M R Mk B||Endogenous||98||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NUP98 (P671) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of NUP98 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro671 of human NUP98. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
NUP98 (nucleoporin 98 kDa) is a component of the nuclear pore complex. It is expressed as three different precursors that undergo auto-cleavage to generate a common amino-terminal 98 kDa peptide (NUP98) and carboxy-terminal 6, 96 (NUP96) and 88 (p88) kDa peptides (1-2). NUP98 contains FG and GLFG repeat domains at its amino terminus and a RNA-binding domain in its carboxy terminus (3). The NUP98 gene is localized on chromosome 11p15.5, a region frequently rearranged in leukemias. To date, 15 fusion partners have been identified for NUP98 (4-5).
- Fontoura, B.M. et al. (1999) J. Cell Biol. 144, 1097-1112.
- Rosenblum, J.S. and Blobel, G. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96, 11370-11375.
- Griffis, E.R. et al. (2004) Mol. Biol. Cell 15, 1991-2002.
- Slape, C. and Aplan, P.D. (2004) Leuk. Lymphoma 45, 1341-1350.
- Nakamura, T. (2005) Int. J. Hematol. 82, 21-27.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2288 NUP98 (L205) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.