Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
DRAK2 (33D7) Rabbit mAb #2294
|W IP IHC-P F||M||Endogenous||43||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DRAK2 (33D7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total DRAK2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surroundingAsp315 of mouse DRAK2.
Western blot analysis of total cell lysates from BaF3 and mouse thymocytes, using DRAK2 (33D7) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse thymus, using DRAK2 (33D7) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of BaF3 cells, using DRAK2 (33D7) Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
DRAK2 (DAP kinase related apoptosis inducing protein kinase 2) is a member of the novel DAP (death associated protein) pro-apoptotic kinase family (1). Overexpression of DRAK2 in NIH/3T3 cells induces morphological changes associated with apoptosis, which are likely to occur in a p53-dependent manner (1,2). DRAK2 is preferentially expressed in lymphoid tissues and regulates the TCR activation threshold during thymocyte selection (3). Indeed, T cells from DRAK2(-/-) mice exhibit enhanced sensitivity to T cell receptor-mediated stimulation and have a reduced requirement for co-stimulation (4).
- Kögel, D. et al. (2001) Bioessays 23, 352-358.
- Sanjo, H. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 29066-29071.
- Friedrich, M.L. et al. (2005) Int. Immunol. 17, 1379-1390.
- McGargill, M.A. et al. (2004) Immunity 21, 781-791.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.