Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
GM130 Antibody #2296
|W IP||H (Mk)||Endogenous||130||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GM130 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GM130 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino-terminal sequence of human GM130.
The Golgi apparatus functions in the modification, organization, and transport of proteins and membranes targeted to other parts of the cell, such as the plasma membrane, lysosomes, and endosomes. This regulated transport is important for appropriate protein localization, secretion, and signal transduction. Members of the Golgin family of proteins, including GM130, Giantin, p115, and GRASP65, are defined by their presence in the Golgi matrix and by their long coiled coil domains. Golgin function, which is regulated in part by small GTPases of the Rab and Arl families, includes establishing and maintaining Golgi structure and transport (reviewed in 1). The Golgi cisternae are stacked and linked laterally to form a ribbon. GRASP65 and GM130 are required for membrane fusion events that mediate ribbon formation during Golgi assembly. These lateral fusion events allow for uniform distribution of Golgi enzymes (2). GM130 and Giantin interact with the transport factor p115 to facilitate endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-Golgi transport (3). GM130 is also involved in the transport of the Ether-a-go-go-Related (hERG) potassium ion channel. Inappropriate hERG localization may be an underlying cause in Long QT syndrome, a hereditary and potentially fatal cardiac arrhythmia (4). Further, GM130 was implicated in signal transduction regulating invasion, migration, and cell polarization via its interaction with and activation of serine/threonine kinases YSK1 and Mst4 (5).
- Barr, F.A. and Short, B. (2003) Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 15, 405-413.
- Puthenveedu, M.A. et al. (2006) Nat. Cell Biol. 8, 238-248.
- Alvarez, C. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 2693-2700.
- Roti, E.C. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 47779-47785.
- Preisinger, C. et al. (2004) J. Cell Biol. 164, 1009-1020.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.