Product Pathways - Protein Translation
4E-T Antibody #2297
|2297S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2297||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
4E-T Antibody detects endogenous levels of total 4E-T protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human 4E-T. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
During translation, eIF4E binds to the 5' cap structure of mRNA and helps mRNA bind to the ribosome. There are several factors that associate with eIF4E. One of these factors is eIF4E-Transporter (4E-T) (1). 4E-T has an eIF4E binding site, a nuclear localization signal and two nuclear export signals (1). Studies demonstrate that 4E-T functions as a nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein mediating the import of eIF4E into the nucleus (1). Recent findings indicate that 4E-T, along with eIF4E, is concentrated in the processing bodies (P-bodies) in the cytoplasm (2). Furthermore, 4E-T decreases mRNA stability (2).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 9452 4E-BP1 Antibody
- 2845 4E-BP2 Antibody
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 2855 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb
- 9451 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) Antibody
- 9459 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody
- 9455 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr70) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.