Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Aven Antibody #2300
|W IF-IC F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||50||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Aven Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Aven protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxy terminus of Aven. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa (human), L929 (mouse) and PC12 (rat) cell lines, using Aven Antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of Hela cells, using Aven Antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells showing cytoplasmic localization, using Aven Antibody.
The Bcl-2 family regulates apoptosis in response to a wide range of stimuli through control of mitochondrial cytochrome c release and caspase activation (1-3). Cytosolic Apaf-1 forms a complex with caspase-9 in the presence of cytochrome c and dATP, ultimately leading to caspase-9 activation and subsequent activation of caspase-3. A large number of proteins have been found to interact with Bcl-2 and other family members that have been shown to help regulate apoptosis. Aven was identified in a yeast two-hybrid screen as a bcl-xL interacting protein (4). It also interacts with other anti-apoptotic family members, including Bcl-2, but fails to interact with pro-apopotic proteins Bax and Bak. Aven inhibits apoptosis and enhances anti-apopotic activity of Bcl-xL. It interferes with association with Apaf-1 and activation of caspase-9. Aven overexpression is associated with poor prognosis in acute lymphoblastic leukemia (5,6).
- Harris, M.H. and Thompson, C.B. (2000) Cell Death. Differ. 7, 1182-1191.
- Cory, S. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 8590-8607.
- Scorrano, L. and Korsmeyer, S.J. (2003) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 304, 437-444.
- Chau, B.N. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 6, 31-40.
- Choi, J. et al. (2006) Leuk. Res. 30, 1019-1025.
- Paydas, S. et al. (2003) Ann. Oncol. 14, 1045-1050.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2876 Bcl-2 Antibody
- 9941 Pro-Survival Bcl-2 Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2762 Bcl-xL Antibody
- 2764 Bcl-xL (54H6) Rabbit mAb
- 4280 Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.