Product Pathways - Neuroscience
DARPP-32 Antibody #2302
|W IF-F||H M R||Endogenous||32||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DARPP-32 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total DARPP-32 independent of phosphorylation. This antibody may also detect PP1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr34 of human DARPP-32. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from rat brain cortex, untreated or phosphorylated in vitro by PKA, MAP kinase or cdc2 kinase using Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr75) Antibody #2301 (top), Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr34) Antibody (middle) or DARPP-32 Antibody #2302 (bottom).
DARPP-32 (dopamine and cyclic AMP-regulated phosphoprotein, relative molecular mass 32,000) is a cytosolic protein highly enriched in medium-sized spiny neurons of the neostriatum (1). It is a bifunctional signaling molecule that controls serine/threonine kinase and serine/threonine phosphatase activity (2). Dopamine stimulates phosphorylation of DARPP-32 through D1 receptors and activation of PKA. PKA phosphorylation of DARPP-32 at Thr34 converts it into an inhibitor of protein phosphatase 1 (1). DARPP-32 is converted into an inhibitor of PKA when phosphorylated at Thr75 by cyclin-dependent kinase 5 (CDK5) (2). Mice containing a targeted deletion of the DARPP-32 gene exhibit an altered biochemical, electrophysiological, and behavioral phenotype (3).
- Nishi, A. et al. (1997) J. Neurosci. 17, 8147-8155.
- Bibb, J.A. et al. (1999) Nature 402, 669-671.
- Fienberg, A.A. et al. (1998) Science 281, 838-842.
- Partida, G. J. et al. (2004) DARPP-32-like immunoreactivity in AII amacrine cells of rat retina. J Comp Neurol 480 (3), 251-263. Applications: Western Blotting
- Gu, L. et al. (2009) PLoS One 4, e6220. Applications: Western Blotting
- Danielli, B. et al. (2010) J Neurochem 112, 531-41. Applications: Western Blotting
- Scheggi, S. et al. (2007) J Neurochem 103, 1168-83. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 1081 DARPP-32 Blocking Peptide
- 2306 DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2301 Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr75) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.