Product Pathways - Neuroscience
DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb #2306
|W IP IHC-P IF-F||M R (H)||Endogenous||32||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of totoal DARPP-32 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu160 of human DARPP-32.
Western blot analysis of extracts from rat and mouse brain using DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from rat, mouse brain, wild-type mouse striatum and DARPP-32 knock-out mouse striatum, using DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb (wild-type mouse striatum and DARPP-32 knock-out mouse striatum was kindly provided by Dr. Paul Greengard and Helen Bateup, Rockefeller University, New York, NY).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse brain using DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded rat retina using DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb.
DARPP-32 (dopamine and cyclic AMP-regulated phosphoprotein, relative molecular mass 32,000) is a cytosolic protein highly enriched in medium-sized spiny neurons of the neostriatum (1). It is a bifunctional signaling molecule that controls serine/threonine kinase and serine/threonine phosphatase activity (2). Dopamine stimulates phosphorylation of DARPP-32 through D1 receptors and activation of PKA. PKA phosphorylation of DARPP-32 at Thr34 converts it into an inhibitor of protein phosphatase 1 (1). DARPP-32 is converted into an inhibitor of PKA when phosphorylated at Thr75 by cyclin-dependent kinase 5 (CDK5) (2). Mice containing a targeted deletion of the DARPP-32 gene exhibit an altered biochemical, electrophysiological, and behavioral phenotype (3).
- Nishi, A. et al. (1997) J. Neurosci. 17, 8147-8155.
- Bibb, J.A. et al. (1999) Nature 402, 669-671.
- Fienberg, A.A. et al. (1998) Science 281, 838-842.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 1081 DARPP-32 Blocking Peptide
- 2301 Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr75) Antibody
- 2302 DARPP-32 Antibody
- 2506 CDK5 Antibody
- 4781 Phospho-PKA C (Thr197) Antibody
- 4782 PKA C-α Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.