Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Synapsin Antibody #2312
|W||M R (H)||Endogenous||77 in mouse brain homogenate.||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Synapsin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total synapsin protein. This antibody is expected to recognize all synapsin isoforms.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser9 of human synapsin I. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Synapsins, a group of at least five related members (synapsins Ia, Ib, IIa, IIb, and IIIa), are abundant brain proteins essential for regulating neurotransmitter release (1,2). All synapsins contain a short amino-terminal domain that is highly conserved and phosphorylated by PKA or CaM kinase I (1). Phosphorylation of the synapsin amino-terminal domain at Ser9 inhibits its binding to phospholipids and dissociates synapsins from synaptic vesicles (2).
- Coufal, N.G. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 20382-7. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2311 Phospho-Synapsin (Ser9) Antibody
- 2132 Parkin Antibody
- 2301 Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr75) Antibody
- 2302 DARPP-32 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.