Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
c-Jun (L70B11) Mouse mAb #2315
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||43, 48||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
c-Jun (L70B11) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total c-Jun protein, regardless of phosphorylation state.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant fragment of c-Jun protein.
c-Jun is a member of the Jun family containing c-Jun, JunB, and JunD, and is a component of the transcription factor activator protein-1 (AP-1). AP-1 is composed of dimers of Fos, Jun, and ATF family members and binds to and activates transcription at TRE/AP-1 elements (reviewed in 1). Extracellular signals including growth factors, chemokines, and stress activate AP-1-dependent transcription. The transcriptional activity of c-Jun is regulated by phosphorylation at Ser63 and Ser73 through SAPK/JNK (reviewed in 2). Knock-out studies in mice have shown that c-Jun is essential for embryogenesis (3), and subsequent studies have demonstrated roles for c-Jun in various tissues and developmental processes including axon regeneration (4), liver regeneration (5), and T cell development (6). AP-1 regulated genes exert diverse biological functions including cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis, as well as transformation, invasion and metastasis, depending on cell type and context (7-9). Other target genes regulate survival, as well as hypoxia and angiogenesis (8,10). Research studies have implicated c-Jun as a promising therapeutic target for cancer, vascular remodeling, acute inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis (11,12).
- Jochum, W. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 2401-12.
- Davis, R.J. (2000) Cell 103, 239-52.
- Hilberg, F. et al. (1993) Nature 365, 179-81.
- Raivich, G. et al. (2004) Neuron 43, 57-67.
- Behrens, A. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 1782-90.
- Riera-Sans, L. and Behrens, A. (2007) J Immunol 178, 5690-700.
- Leppä, S. and Bohmann, D. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6158-62.
- Shaulian, E. and Karin, M. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, E131-6.
- Weiss, C. and Bohmann, D. (2004) Cell Cycle 3, 111-3.
- Karamouzis, M.V. et al. (2007) Mol Cancer Res 5, 109-20.
- Kim, S. and Iwao, H. (2003) J Pharmacol Sci 91, 177-81.
- Dass, C.R. and Choong, P.F. (2008) Pharmazie 63, 411-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9263 c-Jun Control Cell Extracts
- 9260 PhosphoPlus® c-Jun (Ser63) and c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody Kit
- 9261 Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) II Antibody
- 9164 Phospho-c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody
- 9165 c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.