Product Pathways - Metabolism
C/EBPδ Antibody #2318
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
C/EBPδ Antibody detects endogenous levels of total C/EBPδ protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of mouseC/EBPδ. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins (C/EBPs) are a family of transcription factors critical for cellular proliferation, differentiation, metabolism, inflammatory response and many other biological events (1,2). Six members of the family have been identified (C/EBPα, β, δ, γ, ε and ζ) and have been shown to distribute in a variety of tissues (1,2). C/EBPδ is highly expressed in adipose tissue, lung and intestine (2). C/EBPs play an important role in positively regulating adipogenesis (2,3) and C/EBPδ mRNA levels are enhanced during this process (3). C/EBPδ is also expressed in the mammalian nervous system (2) and has been shown to play an important role in long-term memory (4).
- Lekstrom-Himes, J. and Xanthopoulos, K.G. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 28545-8.
- Ramji, D.P. and Foka, P. (2002) Biochem J 365, 561-75.
- Cao, Z. et al. (1991) Genes Dev 5, 1538-52.
- Taubenfeld, S.M. et al. (2001) J Neurosci 21, 84-91.
- Fei, Z. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 27761-8. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3082 C/EBPbeta Antibody
- 2844 Phospho-C/EBPalpha (Thr222/226) Antibody
- 3081 Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 3084 Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Thr235) Antibody
- 2841 Phospho-C/EBPalpha (Ser21) Antibody
- 2843 C/EBPalpha (p42) Antibody
- 3087 C/EBPβ (LAP) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.