Product Pathways - Apoptosis
AP-2γ Antibody #2320
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
AP-2γ Antibody detects endogenous levels of total AP-2γ protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human AP-2γ. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Activator protein 2γ (AP-2γ) is a member of the developmentally-regulated transcription factor activator protein 2 family (1). Overexpression of p53 in human breast cancer cells increases AP-2γ mRNA and protein (2). In addition, p53 binds to the AP-2γ promoter, suggesting that AP-2γ is a target of p53. AP-2γ therefore may contribute to p53-mediated growth inhibition (2). Studies also found that AP-2γ increases p21 mRNA and protein levels and induces cell-cycle arrest in G1 phase (3). Overexpression of AP-2γ inhibits the growth of human breast cancer cells (3). Taken together, these findings suggest that AP-2γ functions as a tumor suppressor (3).
- Hasleton, M.D. et al. (2003) Biochem. J. 373, 925-932.
- Li, H. et al. (2006) Oncogene 25, 5405-5415.
- Li, H. et al. (2006) Neoplasia 8, 568-577.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3208 AP-2α Antibody
- 2509 AP-2β Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.